Friday, October 15, 2004

Polígono central cundío de ladrones...

Things are getting worse by the minute here. On Thursday night someone busted one of Loli's dad's car window and took her laundry bag (Do you need some clothes Loli?). It was parked at another friend's place, at the intersection of Rafael Aybar and Agustin Lara streets. En pleno Naco. Close to my house there was a guy breaking into someone's SUV and got caught by the owner. The burglar managed to escape. The mom of a friend was walking somewhere close to her house when some guys on a motorcycle grabbed her necklace. My uncle was almost mugged a couple of weeks ago.
All this in the Polígono Central: Naco, Paraíso, Piantini, El Millón...
I think I'm going to stay home for now....
NOT!
They will not beat me!

4 comments:

osmany said...

Seriously fucked up.

Anonymous said...

Prima buy yourself a gun!

dgrasiaiiita

carlosmdiaz said...

hey bracuta, i hope that u do take care and be safe we all love reading your blogs and really appreciate the effort you put in to writting them ...
What do you think is causing this major outbreak of crime in D.R

Bracuta said...

Reasons for the outbreak? Some people say it's a conspiracy against the new authorities. Others say it's because of all the dominican criminals that have been deported from the US lately. I guess it can be put all into one word: NEED. If people weren't in need, they wouldn't commit crimes (unless they are sick and get the kicks out of doing this stuff).
It's no secret things aren't good down here. As I recently said in another post, I don't remember another time where things were this bad. And when I say bad I mean bad.
Not long ago I used to be a party animal. Today, I'd rather stay at home and throw the 7 locks at my door, pray that the "guachi" downstairs is doing his job and ask the Lord for his protection. Even when I drive to work I double, triple check. Less than a year ago a businessman was taken from my building, right across from my office. It is said his family had to pay around RD$25 million for them to let him go.
No one can help us now... We are even afraid of cops, 'cause lately the criminals are dressing like them.
Oh, y ahora, quien podra defendernos?????