Thursday, June 30, 2005

Chronicles of sleep

I have been the sleepy this whole week, so yesterday I decided to try and go to bed early for a change. I mean, after all for past few weeks, for one reason or another, I've been going to bed at around 2:00 a.m.
After declining 2 invitations to go out, 1 to go to the movies with my work buddies to see "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (AGAIN) and 1 to go out with a friend to see "Madagascar" (which I haven't seen), I got home at around 5:30 p.m. After playing my daily round of Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour, I decided to take a little nap at 7:00 p.m.
Bomba and Pana were in bed with me, and while I struggled to go to sleep, they decided to play with me. Finally, at around 7:30 p.m. I caught some zzzz's. At 8:00 p.m. my brother Fabio came into my room and decided to spook the girls, who obviously jumped and made a racket, waking me up. The only thing I could mutter was a big fat COÑO (sorry for the language), and after my brother left (he was laughing his lungs out, that bastard!), I tried to go to sleep once more.
At around 9:00 p.m. my dad decided he was going to check out on me. He came into my room, got close to me and started this monologue:
Dad: "Are you sleeping?"
Me: *silence*
D: "Are you sleeping??" (in a higher voice)
M: *silence* (already up, but decided not to answer)
D: "Eny, are you sleeping???" (even higher)
M: *silence* (thinking how much longer will it take him to figure out I WAS SLEEPING).

Needless to say, I woke up and played another round of C&C, watched some TV and went to bed at 2:00 a.m.
I was talking to my sister this morning and told her the story, which hashappenedd before. She told me I have to lock my door, but it would be useless since I know they will start knocking on it or calling me on the phone.
I'm doomed.
I'm sooo sleepy today!

0 comments: