Friday, June 24, 2005

Woo hoo! I've been tagged!

I had never before been tagged by a meme, but my dear friend Ana decided to play a joke on me and she tagged me. Now, it seems that people hate being tagged, so she thinks she played a trick on me. Little does she know I'm a sucker for these kinds of things, and eventhough I didn't even know what "being tagged by a meme" meant before she told she had been tagged, I'm looking forward to doing this.

The Meme: What five things do you miss about your childhood?

Rule #1: Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place. Add your blog's name in the #5 spot. Link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.

1. It's the End Of The World As We Know It
2. More Than My Luggage
3. Welcome to My Truth
4. The Angel's Cloud
5. Bracuta

Rule #2: Select new friends to add to the pollen count.
1. Bau
2. Chelle
3. Reda
4. Gabs
5. Jamie Dawn (I'm sorry Jamie, I know you hate being tagged but Ana made me do it!)


And the answers are, in no particular order:

1. Not having to go to work.
I hate having to go to work. I detest having to go to work. I abhor having to go to work. I loathe having to go to work. Need I say more?

2. Summer vacations.
My parents worked very hard all throughout their lives, but they always loved traveling and whenever they had a chance they took us all away on vacation. Even when we didn't go away on vacation, the fact that I didn't have to go to school for 3 whole months was absolutely a blessing from God! Plus, I got to spend extra time with my family and I loved it!

3. Sleeping with my parents.
I was born when all my other siblings were teenagers, so I was always the baby in the house. This made my parents take extra special care of me and I was a conceited little brat. Yup, I have to admit it. I slept with my parents until I was 13, and I loved being hugged by them. Sometimes at night I go in their bedroom and lay on their bed when they're asleep, trying not to wake them up, and cuddle with them (for like 5 minutes; it's not as if I spend the whole night with them). I know it sounds weird, but what can I say, I'm a twenty eleven year old baby!

4. Being dragged along by my siblings.
Since I was the baby, my brothers and sister took me everywhere with them. My sister used to take me to the beach with her friends, my big brother took me to the baseball stadium with him and his girlfriend and my other brother took me everywhere with him. I also miss fighting with my brother Fabio on Saturdays. We both loved to watch wrestling matches, and while watching the TV we used to wrestle ourselves. I had so much fun when I was a kid!

5. Not having a worry in the world.
When I was a kid I didn't have to worry about my parents being sick, or paying my credit cards and bills, or paying my mortage (believe or not, I do own some real estate), buying clothes, or losing weight, or working or any of those things that come with being a grownup... I hate being a grownup! Back then all I had to do was get good grades and be a good friend, daughter and sister...
I don't want to grow up! I'm a Toys 'R Us kid!!!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Am in much the same, meme-less state as you were ... just a matter of time, I'm told. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

henry siteber said...

Number 5 really hit home. I was just telling a friend how much I think it sucks to be a grown up. So many responsibilities (I have a baby, you don't). The years pass so much faster, and you are constantly aware of your mortality and that of those you love. I owe 1.5 million dollars, so believe me I know how you feel about bills. I just remembered how I would fall asleep in the car or the couch, or the floor, but I always woke up safely in my bed. Now all the weight is on me and there nobody there to carry me.
On the other hand, nobody can force me to eat liver nor do I have to be in bed by 9:00.

Chelle said...

oh mai gas... taba tan busy en el verano k no taba visitando blos y ahora fue ke vi ete post, y ete tag! jejeje...

i better get to work on it soon...

teacher, se puede entregar tarde la tarea? :P