Monday, May 09, 2005

I Love You

I don't know why I did it. Maybe it was because of this book I'm reading (which is VERY GOOD by the way). Maybe it was because of the fact that it amazes me how sometimes I go days without any human contact (and by contact I mean touching another human being). Maybe it was because I was in that mood. I really can't say why. What I do know is that I started thinking about it while on the way home at lunch and I decided today was as good a day as any.
When I got home I went directly into my parents' room:
Me: "Iné! Chichonia!"
(I call my mom "Iné" and my dad "Chichonia". Those are not their real names. I just love giving weird nicknames to people).
Mom: "Hi honey! How was your day?"
Me: "Good. Is dad asleep?"
Mom: "You know now he likes to take naps in between naps, but he's not asleep, he's just faking it."
Me: "Good, 'cause I have something really important to tell both of you."
(Dad opens his eyes. They both immediately get a preoccupied look)
Dad: "What? Is there something wrong?"
Mom: "What is it?"
Me: "I suddenly realized this morning that it's been a while since I told you both that I love you so... I love you guys..."
(You should've seen the look on their faces! Mom thought I was sick and dad thought a big ant had bitten me.)
Both of them: "What?!?!"
I ran away from their room as I felt my cheeks blushing...
You should've seen the smile on their faces...

1 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

Their response was funny because it was as if they were expecting you to have some bad news to follow. Those three little words can pack a real punch! I'm sure they love you even more.