Friday, May 06, 2005

Under the influence

I have always wondered why is it that whenever we get drunk we tend to make stupid phone calls to ex-boyfriends/ex-girlfriends.
Wise men say that it's because alcohol lowers our inhibitions and while under it's influence we tend do things we really want to do but don't while completely sober.
Back in my wild days, I used to do this on a regular basis. Whenever I had a fight with my boyfriend I'd go out with my girls and get drunk. After debating with myself for a while, I would call him up just to tell him stupid things.
Why on Earth did I do that?
Thank God for maturity!
There's this guy I was dating on and off for quite some time (years). There was a slight age difference between us (I was the older one), and he always used to say that our "thing" would never go anywhere because of it. I never gave it much thought since I never wanted our "thing" to go further than what we had (I sure hope he doesn't read my blog!), yet he kept on giving me signals that suggested otherwise.
I am a complicated person, but he is way more complicated than I am. I guess he never understood what I really wanted and expecetd out of our "thing" and he kept on wanting to have a friendship with me. I tried, I really tried, but I just couldn't handle it. Back then I didn't (and I still don't) want any type attachments or compromise with anyone, so it was really a drag when he called me and asked me to stop by or got mad because I said I was going to call and never did.
To get to the point, he had this thing about getting drunk and calling me at strange hours of the night/morning. I know that before I used to stay up until very late, but lately I try to go to bed before 12:00 a.m. so I can wake up rested to go to work. Since I have problems getting to sleep, I treasure all the time I can get in the the hands of Prince Morpheus, and don't pay attention to the sounds that surround me.
He keeps on calling me at weird hours. 3:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. is a regular time to receive his phone calls. Mind you I'm in the middle of a dream, I hear the phone ringing, see who is calling and just ignore the call. The morning after I always receive a call, apologizing for the late night one and a promise that it would never ever happen again.
Yeah righ! It won't happen again until the next time!
Don't you mess with my sleep!

2 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

You've got a drunken stalker, and it's time you changed your phone number.
Hope you get some much needed rest!

Anonymous said...

A mi me pasa eso! Osea salgo muy bien de mi casa y despues de la segunda copa de vino me da con pensa en el tipo aquel y si estamos quillados me cae con llamarlo. las mujeres hacemos esto mas a menudo. Somos mas deviles.