Thursday, August 04, 2005

You never get a second chance to make a first impression

So yesterday I went out with a friend to this photography expo at Casa de Teatro (one of my least favorite places in the city). Over there, we met up with some friends of my friend. After hanging out for a while, we decided to grab something to eat, so we headed to this new Taco place over at Winston Churchill Avenue.
Last night the heat was incredible. Not only that, but the humidity levels were very high as well. Since there were smokers in the group, we sat outside, under some fans, but was still incredibly hot.
We were chillin' when suddenly I began to feel very weird. VERY weird. I felt nauseated, so much that I started gaggin. My friend's boyfriend asked me if the smoke from the cigarretes was bothering me, and I mumbled something about my pressure going down. I started sweating proffusely and suddenly I couldn't take it anymore. I told everyone (98% strangers) that I was sorry but my pressure was going down and I was just about to faint.
I sat down on the floor (everyone was making a big fuzz about it), but it didn't make things better, so I had to lie down. After a few minutes I felt the strength coming back and they let me go home after they were sure I could drive.
Today I feel lightheaded. I don't know if it's because I'm ashamed of what happened in front of complete strangers (then again, it wasn't my fault) or because of the damn Heat stroke.
I just wish this inferno were over...

1 comments:

henry siteber said...

That really sucks. I've been in the back of a few ambulances after having panic attacks. Your body starts shotting down and you think you're going to die. I live in the desert, so I know how scary heat strokes can be. Take it easy and stay by an AC.