Tuesday, January 31, 2006

These weekends spoil me

A friend of mine complains that we Dominicans have too many days off. I don’t agree with her. I think Americans are too obsessed with working. See, I’ve always said I find it unfair that we have to work 5 days and only get to rest for 2. When these weekends come I just feel like I died and I went to heaven.
It’s not that I do anything in particular. Lately I’ve done absolutely nothing, but just the fact of knowing that I don’t have to go to work come Monday morning and that a get to cuddle with my cats and sleep late makes it all worthwhile.
Saturday, aside from running some errands in the morning, I did absolutely nothing. I spent all afternoon sleeping and watching TV at night.
Did any of you actually remember that Saturday was the 20th Anniversary of Space shuttle Challenger’s accident? There was this TV special on Discovery Channel about all the facts surrounding the accident that was very interesting to watch. After that, I kept on watching specials about space (yes, I’m a space geek), until I finally fell asleep at around 5:00 am..
Sunday morning I had breakfast with a friend. Later that day, we got together again with some other friends (again, a bunch of friends) at Cinnamon. I was in a very chili mood (I guess from all TV I saw the night before). We started having a few drinks and before I knew it we were having a blast. The music led us on and we started singing and headbanging (which caught the attention of the people nearby). We were laughing our lungs out, taking pics and videos of ourselves acting as silly as we could get (our cellphone’s wallpapers can attest to it). It felt really nice just to be there, hanging out and having a great time, without a care in the world. I wish we could have those moments more often.
Yesterday was a good day as well (aside from the radio incident). Early in the afternoon, a friend asked me if I wanted to join her for some coffee while she was waiting for another friend to show up. As per our custom regarding the place we went to, we spent the whole afternoon just hanging out and chilling, and though her friend never showed up (she did call, but they didn’t get together after all), we had a good time ourselves.
And then this morning I had to get up and go to work.
Ugh!

0 comments: