Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Back in bed

Last Friday night the ac in my room decided he was going to take off for the weekend, so I had to spend the weekend sleeping in the studio, on the sofa bed. Again I had completely forgotten that I am a person with limitations, but yesterday my back kindly reminded me.
I started feeling a little pain over lunch and by the time it was 5 o'clock, the pain had grown stronger. I had planned to go to the Feria del Libro with my sister and my niece, so I picked them up and tried to forget about the growing pain. "Tried" being the opperative word...
I could only see 1/10 of the Feria. My back was killing me and I was barely able to walk. I had to rush back home (after making a pit-stop at the drugstore to buy some IM pain killers). Of course, the deed was already done and I couldn't get out of bed this morning to go to work. I can't move, but I asked my mom to get me the iBook so I could let you know I was sick again...
Oh, and my ulcers started acting up again. This, though, was my fault. I had some corn on the cob from a street vendor and apparently it didn't agree with me. No, my freezer is fine, it's the ulcers and the gastritis telling me I can't eat things from the street...
I hate it when my body has a better memory than me.
Oh, and one more thing. While I was taking pictures of a demonstration being done by the local CSI Team (yes, we do have that here), my new camera decided she was going to ruin what was left of good in my life and gave up. I looked up what the error sign on the LCD meant (E18, look for it on Canon) and I found out it was irreversible damage. Thank God for warranties! In the meantime, I don't have a camera.
What a day!

6 comments:

Carolina said...

wow girl..this is your second day from hell that i´ve read about!! We all have them, unfortunately some more often than others....en respuesta a tu comentario en mi blog yo me gradue en el 98; y sí, ya había oido que se estaba quedando ciega, es una pena, yo me acuerdo de ella siendo el cuco por tantos años, pero ahora piensas pa atrás y hasta me la encuentro sweet; sobre todo ahora que soy profesora, me doy cuenta que ella sólo estaba haciendo su trabajo...bueno, que te mejores de ese dolor de espalda y mierquina, qué ganas tengo yo de un maíz de por allá!!

Carolina said...

wow girl..this is your second day from hell that i´ve read about!! We all have them, unfortunately some more often than others....en respuesta a tu comentario en mi blog yo me gradue en el 98; y sí, ya había oido que se estaba quedando ciega, es una pena, yo me acuerdo de ella siendo el cuco por tantos años, pero ahora piensas pa atrás y hasta me la encuentro sweet; sobre todo ahora que soy profesora, me doy cuenta que ella sólo estaba haciendo su trabajo...bueno, que te mejores de ese dolor de espalda y mierquina, qué ganas tengo yo de un maíz de por allá!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you, espero que te mejores pronto.

Ingrid Molins said...

Get well soon pa'q' sigas blogueando...a mi camara tambien le dio un "patatu" y yo sino tengo garantia porque se la compre a un "jolopero" en el alto Manhattan.yo le saque el jugo porque me duro como 4 years.

Jamie Dawn said...

Your day sounds pretty bad! Hope things start looking up for you soon. I just stumbled onto your blog and I enjoyed reading. Thanks.

Edwin R said...

Awe. I hope you continue to feel better. Sorry I haven't read your Blog in the last few days but i've been busy with work and other things as you already know... Once again, feel better and have a great weekend :) If you need a camera, I have a Canon Powershot 110 for you... hehe...
Un Beso y Un Abrazo!