Friday, April 15, 2005

Which type of man do you like?

A little controversy has been going up between Ana and Gabemaster.
Now, not because I'm a girl or anything else, but I lean towards Ana's side. Hey, I like my men macho-looking, but there's certainly nothing wrong with them having feelings and a heart.
So what if you're a man and you want to kiss your male friends? So what if you cry watching a Meg Ryan movie?
I like men who are in touch with their feminine side and who are so secure about their sexuality than giving another man a kiss means nothing more than a display of affection for a person they care about. Hugging and kissing doesn't make them more or less macho or feminine. The ones that do are simply not afraid to show their feelings.
I have a few gay friends (hell, I even have a gay ex boyfriend), and I don't think less of them because of their sexual preference. You're supposed to love people because of who they are, not because of what they like.
The thing is that our "perfect" society doesn't take that too well. Men are men when they have a bunch of women, when they drink a lot, when they cheat on their girlfriends and wives, when they have a lot of children with different women, when they hit women and all that related crap...
Even here, when two women demonstrate affection towards each other, people start saying there's something going on between them and the gossip starts to spread. What the hell? Since when does being affectionate is bad? Since when does physically showing someone you love them is bad? Does that make you a homosexual? And even if they are homosexual, in this day and age you actually think a person is less because of that?
Are you guys so insecure about your sexuality you'd rather punch each other to show you care rather than give a friend a hug?
Jeeeezz!!!
Narrow-minded people, I tell you...
El asunto es que no veo nada malo en men kissing and hugging men as friends (or women for that matter)...
¡Un beso y un abrazo a todas mis amigas! I love you guys to pieces, even the ones I don't regularly talk too...
What do you guys think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted this comment on Gabemaster's post but this applies here as well...
"Bueno señores... I've dated the metrosexual guy and I've dated the "dramaqueen" guy and it is not a pretty thing! I think there is not a more annoying thing than a man that is more sensitive than I am and that whines more than a 15 year old girl. I don't think a man has to take the role of your girlfriend in order to make you happy, he can make u happy doing other things like sex, good foreplay, nice dinner, making u feel good about yourself but you do not need another shopping buddy or the guy that cries with you in the Meg Ryan film (in this case u want the man's shoulder and a big hug, that's all... this shows he's supportive of you and your feelings, and he cannot do that if he's crying with you). So to all women out there, stop wanting men to become pussies please! Eso le quita esa masculinidad que a todas nos gusta. Esos hombres que saben tomar decisiones y tu no te sientes insegura o la que manda en la relacion TODO el tiempo.
Gabe, thanks for bringing this up without necessarily appearing to be a machista for trying to bring to a perspective the real role a man should have without losing their identity for pleasing the females. Go Manly Men!!!"
Y claro que no es nada malo que los hombres se demuestren afecto con un abrazo y un beso pero no es que sean como somos las mujeres con unas a las otras tampoco.

Bracuta said...

I never said I wanted my man to be a pussy, I just said there's nothing wrong with him showing he has feelings....
I like my men to be very macho, but not afraid the shed a tear once in a while...

Gabemaster said...

Hola Bracuta, you apparently didn't read my whole post or did "selective reading".

I said I don't have a problem at all with gay people and that a man should be sensitive with his girl and take care of her that way as well. Also I NEVER said there is anything wrong with a man showing his feelings. I said totally the opposite,that we display affection and our feelings to eachother and gave examples of it, just not in the same way as women,(why should it have to be?) and I even say I give real hugs to my guy friends just not all the time. When you go on your description of "manly" behavior all you describe is the classic machista. I clearly said on the comments section (linked by you) that I am not machista, and I am against it because is another extreme behavior. I can't help to think that you either didn't read it or you are definetely being biased for whatever reason you may have.

You talk about men being in touch with their femenine side. Well to me that does not mean kissing guys on the cheek the way I would kiss women. To me being in touch with my feminine side is knowing what my woman's physical, sentimental and emotional needs are and take part and initiative in fulfilling them for her. That, is being in touch with our feminine side. Not acting like sissies with our friends.

You seem to share that ridiculous idea that if guys are acting like women among eachother they are showing that they are "secure" with their sexuality. First of all, there is no reason why a guy should have to "prove" how secure he is with his masculinity unless he is insecure with his sexuality in the first place. Plain and simple. Second, when a guy does this he winds up overly doing it, because where is the line drawn that says you have proven you are secure enough and how far does he need to go with this bullshit?
I just don't understand this idea of wanting men to act more like women. That's the whole point I'm trying to make. By doing this women are turning men into pussies.

You wind up contradicting yourself because a real "Macho Man whether he looks it or not, whether he shows his feelings or not, is not going to go around kissing other guys just to prove he is a real macho man. If he does this, despite his looks he will just be another PUSSY.

Anonymous said...

Dejen su pajareria, en el caribe no se chulean los honbres pa saludar, dejense de vaina

Bracuta said...

Completamente de acuerdo. Hay que dejar que la gente haga lo que le de su gana con su vida y punto.
Y también con lo de "pajarerías" está de más. Cuanto apuesto a que ese anónimo que escribió eso tiene problemas psicosexopasionales...

Gabemaster said...

Ustedes sufren de irse por donde no es. Yo no e dicho ke los hombres no deban hacer lo ke le da lagana aun sis on pajarerias. Lo ke e dicho que tengo un problema con mujeres que empujan a hombres a comportarse de esa manera. Diciendo cosas como que seria lindo que hombres se besen y tratandolos de convertirlos en shopping buddies o metrosexuales. Si es opcion propia ok que dios los bendiga pero como dije lo que no esta es que sean empujados o encouraged a eso debido a las mujeres o el circulo que los rodea.

Bracuta said...

Dude, just leave it at that...