Wednesday, April 13, 2005

How to be polite and discreet when there’s just no way to

I believe we all have been in this situation. You are talking to someone and you notice that “something” is stuck between their teeth, or hanging in or out of their nose, or sticking to their eyes. How can you tell that person “hey dude, there’s a booger hanging from your nose” without being rude?
Today, on a work-related seminar, the key speaker had a big booger in his right nostril. I was seating on the first row, directly in front of him (less than 5 feet away), and throughout the seminar I felt as if the booger was staring at me.
Needless to say, I couldn’t pay much attention to what the guy was saying.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jajaja...Que pena contigo, de verdad que es una situasion bien incomoda y me ha pasado varias veces a mi tambien. Pero tienes razon, es bien dificil decirles sin que se ofendan.