Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Damn, they're getting good!

I keep on receiving these junk mails which I know are just luring me to give the senders my information so they can steal all my hard worked money (in my case, they will only steal air or debts, but what the hell). A common denominator of these mails was always the fact that they were poorly written (Shakespeare would've died if he read any of them), and it always involved a couple dying in an accident and leaving millions of dollars to their next of kin (that would be me), or some prince who had to leave their country because their government was overthrown and kindly asked me for my bank acccount numbers to transfer all his billions to it, and I would receive a few millions in exchange for my services. This one I received today was good though. Grammar is better than usual (it still sucks though) and they even used my name! I leave it for you to read. Please, if any of you or someone you know receives these types of emails, do not reply back! It's a scam.

From: Barrister Mark Boma
Date: Nov.23rd, 2005
Subject: Please Urgent(Pereyra)
Private Email:markboma03@hotmail.com



Dear Pereyra,

I am Barrister Mark Boma(ESQ) Barrister and solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney to Late Engr.Richard Pereyra, a national of your country ,who worked with an Oil Servicing and Exploration Company, here in Nigeria.

On the 21st of April 2000, my client, his wife and their three children were involved in a ghastly auto accident along Sagbama Express Road, and unfortunately, all occupants of the vehicle lost their lives. Since then I have made several enquiries to locate any of my client's extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to do a reasearch, to locate any member of his family or any close name to his,hence I contacted you. I am contacting you to assist in repatrating the money and property left behind by my client before they get confisicated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were lodged, particularly the ACCESS BANK where the deceased had his account valued at about US$9.5 million dollars.

The bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confiscated within the next twentyone official working days. Since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives for over 2 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account valued at US$9.5 million dollars can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money according to any agreed ratio.
All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Hence, If this proposal is OK by you and you do not wish to take undue advantage of the trust, I hope to bestow on you. Then kindly get back to me immediately, strictly via my private email address only: barrmarkboma1@walla.com to enable me enlighten you on how we are to proceed. I will not contact any person or company until I hear from you, so as to enable me decide on what to do next.

Awaiting your prompt kind response.

Thanks.


Barrister Mark Boma

NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT IT DOES NOT MATTER WETHER YOU ARE RELATED TO MY LATE CLIENT OR NOT, SINCE I AM PRESENTING YOU AS HIS NEXT OF KIN THE FUND WILL BE PAID TO YOU, BASED ON THE FACT THAT I WAS HIS PERSONAL ATTORNEY, SO WHOEVER I PRESENT WILL BE PAID.

You know what? I think I'll write him back just to amuse myself!


UPDATE: If you want to know more about this, click here

0 comments: