Thursday, November 10, 2005

My plans for the weekend

So, after much analysis, planning, maxing out my credit cards and asking for extra limits, getting permissions at work, thinking it over, changing airlines, pleasing Princess ML's requests, renting cars, hurricanes scares and all that comes with it, I am pleased to announce to the world that I will travel to the "vecina ciudad de Miami" this weekend in order to attend to one of U2's Vertigo concerts at American Airlines Miami Arena.
Planning this trip has been very complicated. First and foremost, Winch and I had to convince ML to go, and what a task that was! She kept on changing her mind and finding excuses, but we finally managed to convince her. Can you imagine trying to convince someone to have fun??? Ugh!
Then there was the plane ticket issue. We are leaving on Saturday and coming back on Monday (we do have to work), and the ticket on American Airlines came out to be RD$17,326.00. RD$17,326.00! That's a fortune for my cheap ass! Aside from the fact that I intend to do a little shopping at certain store in Miami, this would leave me broke-er if possible. We found out that tickets on Spirit came out at half price, so we decided we wouldn't mind the drive from Fort Lauderdale to Miami if that meant saving us some cash.
Then there were the hurricanes: first there was Katrina and then there was Wilma. So far, I hear the concert is still on, but if anyone knows any different please DON'T TELL ME. I will not throw all that money down the drain just because there's no lights, shelter, food or water in the city. I'm going, whether Mother Nature wants it or not!
So, if any of you guys that live there or plan to be there for the weekend want to, you can look me up. I'll be staying someplace (I don't know where, but it's at Winch's cousin's place), but you'll find me. If there's any cool places to visit at night (though I've been there hundreds of times, I've never partied in Miami), please tell me before Saturday so I can be where the cool crowd hangs out. If you see me around, holler at me. If you have gifts for me, call me on my cell phone and I'll go by to pick them up. If you want to drive me around the city, I'll be available.
Just so you know....

8 comments:

cruben said...

Que vas a comprar? una ibook de 12 o 14?

Si te interesa, tengo una de 14", a buen precio.

Cristina said...

nice to hear (read) you're coming over to miami....quizas nos podemos juntar los blogeros de aki contigo, it would be very nice, I'm sure Tomas, Chilli and others would like that. Na, let me know....
p.s....we don't have presents but we can give you laughter and fun =)

Anonymous said...

Bracuta se internacionaliza (se me quemo el cerebro con esa palabra). Buen viaje, disfruta mucho y cuidate.=D

Bracuta said...

CRuben: El problema mío es que la voy a comprar con tarjeta de crédito porque no tengo cash ahora. En si, el viaje no era para comprar la máquina, pero voy a aprovechar que voy para allá y así me ahorro los gastos de envío y todo eso. Gracias de todos modos!
Cristinagg: Gracias por la oferta! No hay mejor regalo que una buena compañía. No se de verdad si tenga tiempo de juntarme con ustedes porque voy con otrs 2 personas y no me gobierno. Mi amiga quiere ir shopping y eso nos acorta más el poco tiempo que voy a estar allá, pero sea como sea trataré de darles un toque para aunque sea conocerlos (recuerda que tengo el # de Tomas). Thanks!
Bau: Gracias por los buenos deseos!

Anonymous said...

Bracuta, enjoy yourself... Y por que no a NY? U2 will be here Nov.21st :-/, no me lo pierdo!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Bracuta,
Por no tener el tiempo de leer tu blog, me hubiese enterado que viajabas a Miami, y asi te hubieses ahorrado tu dinero de airlines tickets. Como flight attendant te lo hubiese conseguido, sorry that I wasn't able to help. Maybe next time.

Disfruta tu viaje, y no te preocupes, los cielos se ven claros por esos rumbos.

Have fun, and take lots of pictures para que nos muestre tu aventura.

Bracuta said...

Laina: Wow! Thanks! It was very nice of you to offer! Maybe next time :-) And don't worry about the pics, I'll bring tons of them...
Lokita: No conseguí entrada para ese día, pero no importa, el bonche me lo voy a gozar! I hope you do too!

yasmilka said...

oohhh!man i read this soo late !
i live in westpalm & im costantly in MIA & FortLauderdale i would've loved to have taken u to the hot spots in SouthBeach oh at'a waterfront in fortlauderdale Damn!! its 4:33am & am just gettin home from being down there all day long. If u read this in time u should check out Club Space In MIA its off the Cadena! to'tipo de musica in diffrent floors!AHHWW! i wish i wasnt wrkin monday mrning.

well i hope you have fun & enjoy ur concert & the city itself no tedejes llevar por las tiendas porque vas a regresar sin un chele in ur pocket