Tuesday, May 30, 2006

This one is for me...

the…
pain…
is…
unbearable…
everything…
hurts…
i…
hate…
sweating…
my…
hair…
is…
a…
mess…
my…
back…
my…
ankles…
my…
nails…
even…
my…
hair…
hurts…
i…
hate…
this!

So yeah, yesterday after MUCH delay and for umpteenth time I went back to the gym. I figured my monthly “donation” to the Bernals had to give something back to me.
There was no need to remind me of how much I hate the gym. As soon as I got in my car and drove myself over there I knew.
I wonder why apparently I used to love the gym way back when I was at UNIBE. I used to go every single day from 8 to 12 in the morning (can’t you tell I didn’t work back then?) and I only left because I had to go home to eat and shower because I had classes in the afternoon. I think back then I was obsessed with fitness (and my most excellent body was living proof of that)…

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(I obviously blackened Ex’s face…)

But then something happened and everything went haywire.
My mom says that Ex fattened me up so no one else would look at me (I’ve spoken about him twice in the past 2 weeks… I shall wash my mouth, UGH!), but his “scheme” luckily didn’t work out ;-). I don’t know what really happened, aside from gaining 40 pounds in a month due to some medication (it was either cortisone or death… Marlboro had taken over my lungs and they were not a pretty sight), but the next several pounds seemed to come naturally.
Anyways, the past is the past.
I need some reinforcement in this. It is such a drag for me to go to the gym I’d rather get home, shower, put on my pj’s and vegetate in front of the TV. Yesterday I spent the whole day bitching about it. I got home and went online with my ulterior plan to stay home and bail out of the gym, but luckily a friend of mine logged on and harassed me into going.
I hate going to the gym!
But my back needs it. My body needs it. I need it.
Let’s see how long it’ll last.
No! Positive reinforcement! I will do it! I will go every single day! I will lose all the fat and strengthen my back and abdominal muscles (do I have any?).
I will pull thru!
(Good thing series season is over or I’d stay at home and watch TV all night).

18 comments:

Cristina said...

gym and diet sucks!.....hoy empeze con mi nutricionista....I've been battling hypothyroidism for 6 months now, and I was just about to give up then I realized that I can pull this off and be what I once was, and be happy again, and have my self esteem back....
It's just difficult, but then again, is anything in life simple and easy?
I hope you accomplish your goal and know that you have support here in blog world as I hope I have yours....I'll need it =)

Anonymous said...

Good luck my dear!
You can do it.
it sucks the fist few weeks, but then you will feel a lot better.
Your back will be very grateful for that! !

Enjoy your workout!

A Sudarrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

Here is my support:

EITHER YOU GO OR I'LL KILL YOU I TELL YOU!!!!
ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG

- the misstress master

Bracuta said...

Thanks for your support... let's see if I do this once and for all so I can finally stop having those long talks with my back...
Cristina, you can count on me... if you feel like you don't want to go to the gym just imagine me saying "you HAVE to go"... it works!
Damaris, I hate sweatin!!!!!

Oh, and...
YES MISTRESS MASTER!

Kiki A.Ortiz said...

se acabo! ahora e gym q toca, tu sabe lo chula (aun mas) q te vas a sentir y ver cuando aparezcan los resultados y mas la cara de la gente ay ay ay !:P
adema pontelo como castigo
si no vas al gym no ves tv
OITE
mua, Dios te bendiga y te de fuerzas para esto.

Bracuta said...

Ay no Kiki no!!!!!!! No me pongas ese castigo tan fuerte! (aunque pensándolo bien, es buen aliciente).
Que Dios te oiga porque sin EL no lo voy a poder hacer!

cloklis said...

en cual te apuntaste?

Si eres socia de casa de españa podemos ir juntas despues que salgas del trabajo.

Anonymous said...

1,2,3!!!! animo Bracuta tu puedes!!! Nada mas de pensar que vas a recuperar el cuerpazo que tenías en aquella epoca en que nos conocimos, el ánimo ha de crecer.
Aparte tu salud te lo esta pidiendo. Me alegro mucho de esa iniciativa, bien por ti!!!

Anonymous said...

olvide poner mi nombre, es claudia teijeiro la del ultimo mensaje
Bye...

Bracuta said...

Diañe Clo! I'm in desperate need of a gym buddy (a.k.a. someone who physically harasses my tushie to the gym, because Mistress Master does it emotionally but need an actual shove). El asunto es que soy socia del Body Shop desde hace 600 años y todos los meses les regalo la membresía...
Claudia: Te acuerdas???

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best in this endeavor. Like one of the posters already said....it's the beginning that is the toughest part. Afterwards, it becomes a part of your daily routine. Good luck, and keep us posted. :)

Lauronga said...

Yo estoy en las mismas. ODIO el gimnasio. Regalandole al gold's la membresia. 20 libras de más y ya ni me cabe la ropa.

we HAVE to do this.

Anonymous said...

YO fuera contigo pero de noche yo no piso un gimnasio no...yo duro suficientes horas alla en el dia...ahora si te quisieras ir a las 5am conmigo...

Ah! the possibilities...

-Mistress master

Liga Softcodia said...

waoooo!!!
gym...que bien...espero que lo logres...yo seguire corriendo en el parque de las praderas...el gym me gano la batalla hace mucho tiempo...

Solo Yo said...

Just like you and CLO i've trying to battle this *&^& problem, i will follow up in your progress girls!! if it works for you it might incentivate me.........ITS JUST SO DAMN HARD!!!

Bracuta said...

Mistress Master: I treasure the help you're giving me and I couldn't ask for more... but me waking up at ungodly hours to go to the gym??? Something to think about...
Anonymous: Thanks for the nice thoughts... let's see...
Lau: Cuáles libras?
Will: Cuidado cuando corres, no te vayas a caer en un hoyo..
Solo yo: I hear you!
Perla: Gracias por leerme y que bueno que vuelvas a tu tierra después de tantos años!

Anonymous said...

Claro que me acuerdo Eny!!! Wao, finalmente se vio mi comment, YUPIIIIIIIIII
Claudia T.

Edwin R said...

ehhh... babe... whats the name of the medication?!?! I need to gain a few pounds this month... hehe...

Other then that, Good Luck!